Architectural Design That Suits Your Needs
JMKA | architects has gained national recognition for designing houses that capture the special features of the site, respond to the region’s climate and connect its inhabitants to the natural environment. We listen to the client’s dreams and aspirations and create a solution through a collaborative design process.
Through consideration of the environmental context, we use sustainable strategies to shape our designs, ultimately conserving natural resources and creating healthy environments.
RENOVATIONS AND ADDITIONS
JMKA | architects has a unique ability to problem solve challenging conditions and new programs to cost-effectively transform existing structures. Through our collaborative process, we strive to build on unique programmatic elements through creative renovations. Our new design solution will build on the architectural details of the existing building and create a new balance for the original structure.
Jeff Kaufman has had extensive experience with institutional and commercial architecture
- Associate at Fentress Architects, a global commercial architecture firm with studios in Denver, Washington, DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Shanghai, and London
- 60 story office tower
- A YMCA facility
- mid-rise office buildings
- Associate at Newman Architects, a commercial architecture firm located in New Haven, CT and Washington DC
- Taft School in Watertown, CT: a arts and humanities building, a dormitory, and a dining hall
- Colgate University, Hamilton, NY: a library
- Hobart and William Smith, Geneva, NY: an academic building
- New Haven, CT: a mixed use project including residential, retail and office space
- Associate at Frank J. Gravino Architects, New Haven, CT
- mixed use building: Portsmouth, NH- residential, retail and office space
- Associate at Robert Orr & Associates, New Haven, CT
- mixed use building, Southport, CT- residential, retail, restaurant and office condominiums
- mixed use building, Madison, CT- a restricted age project including 4 different housing types, retail and commercial space
- woman’s clothing store, New Haven, CT
- master plans for Madison, CT; Iroquis, NY; and Southport, CT
- Principal and Owner, JMKA Architects, Westport, CT
- retail space including a Bookstore, women’s shoe store, children’s clothing store
- A 5 shop retail center
- space planning
- professional offices including dental and law office space
- Age-restricted communities in Fairfield and New Haven County
Custom Home Architects
Serving Greenwich, Stamford & New Canaan, CT
You might be asking yourself “What are the benefits of using a custom home builder?” when tackling your next big renovation project. Working with a team that knows your specific wants and needs improves the chances of you turning your vision into reality. Depending on the materials used and design elements of your custom-built home or building, you also can increase the resale value of your property. Get more of what you want by working with our team at JMKA architects.